What are the benefits of rhinoplasty?
There are different reasons for undergoing a rhinoplasty. For some, it is to enhance facial appearance and self-confidence. For others, it is to change the size or structure of the nose to correct breathing problems. Regardless of the reason, there are unique benefits to this procedure:
- Repair a broken nose: The nose can be broken through blunt injury or road accidents. Repairing the nasal structure with rhinoplasty can help alleviate the pain and restore the pre-injury appearance of the nose.
- Address snoring problems: For many people, snoring is a difficult challenge to deal with. Most people use over-the-counter products that only provide temporary relief. An experienced plastic surgeon can perform a nose job to address snoring, leading to better sleep and a higher quality of life.
- Restore facial symmetry: If you have a nose that is too narrow or too wide in relation to your facial structure, rhinoplasty can help you restore symmetry and balance. A plastic surgeon can work to reshape your nose in line with your unique desires.
- Correct birth defects: Nasal deformities such as curves, lumps, or an underdeveloped nose may lead to children being bullied and feeling self-conscious with other children. Rhinoplasty surgery repairs the nasal structure and improves appearance, so your child can feel self-confident.
- Improve confidence: One of the main reasons people have nose surgery is to correct cosmetic imperfections with which they are generally unhappy. After rhinoplasty, many patients have enhanced self-image and higher self-esteem. Cosmetic rhinoplasty can help you resolve aesthetic issues, so you feel more confident about yourself.
- Improve breathing: Some people suffer from long-term breathing problems because of the shape or structure of the nose. Rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery can help alter the nasal structure to alleviate congenital or long-term breathing problems.
- Solve sinus problems: Headaches, sinus pressure, and constant nasal congestion can mean significant pain and daily discomfort. Rhinoplasty can help support drooping cartilage and open up nasal passages, allowing you to breath better and resolve chronic sinus problems.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic surgeries. In 2019, there were more than 207,000 of these procedures done in the United States alone. While most patients are generally happy with the results, the goal is to work with a skilled plastic surgeon to achieve the best possible outcome.