A breast lift – also referred to as mastopexy – is a cosmetic surgery that addresses breast sagging resulting from natural aging, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Breasts that are drooping or sagging can ruin a woman’s self-image and sense of self-esteem. Plastic surgeons remove excess skin and tissue from the breast region in order to achieve a perky, lifted, breast appearance. Many women who undergo this treatment report feeling more confident in their feminine beauty and experiencing an improved quality of life.
Am I a Candidate for a Breast Lift?
Breast lift is a cosmetic procedure that aims to lift the female breasts for a more youthful and attractive breast appearance. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You are unhappy about the loose, sagging, or drooping shape of your breasts
- You have nipples that are pointing downwards
- You have excessively large nipples and areolas
- You are over the age of 18 years
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome of this procedure
During your initial breast lift Houston Texas consultation with Dr. Balinger, the surgeon will listen to your concerns and examine your breasts before letting you know whether this procedure is for you. If you have sagging breasts that are also small, Dr. Balinger may recommend that you have a combined breast augmentation and lift procedure. Since breast lift is a highly individualized procedure, Dr. Balinger emphasizes that you are having this procedure out of your own volition, not because someone else asked you to.