Exercise and diet can help you achieve a more attractive figure. Unfortunately, no matter how dedicated you are to diet and exercise, some stubborn pockets of fat just won’t disappear. Liposuction is the procedure of choice for people who are looking to get rid of excess fat and sculpt their body to an attractive, toned contour.
Who is a candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat from specific body areas such as the lower abdomen, thighs, hips, and buttocks. The goal is to resculpt problem areas that have not responded to diet and exercise. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have stubborn fatty deposits you want to remove
- You have a good level of skin elasticity
- You are close to your ideal weight with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 30
- You are already active but want to achieve a more sculpted figure
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome of liposuction
When you visit Dr. Balinger for your first liposuction consultation in Houston, Texas, he will evaluate your condition and advise you if liposuction is the right procedure for you. It is a highly individualized procedure that can dramatically enhance your overall appearance, but it must be performed with precision to achieve the most natural-looking result. You will have the opportunity to have all of your questions and concerns answered to your satisfaction when you meet with Dr. Balinger, so you feel comfortable and secure while under his care.