Your skin has less collagen as you get older, which results in the development of wrinkles. Microneedling – also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy – is a cosmetic treatment that aims to improve skin tone, texture, and imperfections such as wrinkles. This technique may also be used to reduce the appearance of scars.
Is Microneedling for Me?
Microneedling is a dermal roller technique that uses tiny needles to prick the skin in order to induce the production of new collagen. These fine needles puncture the topmost layers of the skin (epidermis) in order to create small, almost invisible ‘injuries’. This activates the skin’s natural healing process, generating collagen-rich tissue in order to heal the wounds. You may be a good candidate for microneedling plastic surgery if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have clogged pores on your facial skin
- You have visible scars, blemishes, and marks on your skin
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome of this procedure
- You do not have infections, rash, or fever
- You are not currently pregnant or nursing
- You wish to improve the elasticity and appearance of your skin without the use of invasive treatments
When you visit Dr. Balinger for your first micro needling consultation in Houston Texas, the surgeon will listen to you and examine your problem areas letting you know whether this nonsurgical procedure is for you. Microneedling procedure is a highly individualized treatment. For this reason, Dr. Christopher recommends that you have this treatment out of your own choice, not because someone else wants you to.