PRP is a natural serum created from a small sample of your own blood. Used for decades to stimulate wound healing, PRP treatments have become a popular regenerative cosmetic treatment for skin rejuvenation.
PRP injections – is it right for you?
PRP injections can enhance your skin and tissues, as well as triggering natural hair growth during the early stages of balding. You are likely a good candidate for this advanced regenerative treatment if:
- You are in good overall health
- You want to experience the regenerative effect of PRP injections
- Your hair is thinning, and your hair strands are thinner and weaker
- You want a non-surgical treatment that works
- You understand the treatment and the results you can expect
Some people are not good candidates for PRP injections, but Dr. Balinger offers a wide array of regenerative treatments, and can advise you about the alternatives. Those who should not undergo PRP injections include:
- Pregnant women
- Those with anemia
- You take certain medications (blood thinners), and it would be unsafe to stop treatment
- You have a bleeding or blood disorder
- It is contraindicated due to a condition or disease
Dr. Balinger ensures that every patient he treats with PRP injections is safe for the procedure.