A double chin is a common aesthetic issue that is caused by the build up of submental fat below your chin. This is usually caused by weight gain but is also commonly associated with aging and genetics.
Ideal Candidates for Kybella®
Kybella® is a synthetic version of deoxycholic acid that helps break down excess fat under the chin. This nonsurgical treatment can permanently eliminate submental fullness and drastically enhance your facial profile. You may be a good candidate for Kybella® if:
- You are in good general health
- You are above 18 years of age
- You have accumulated fat deposits under the chin
- You have good skin elasticity
- You do not have any bleeding problems or difficulties swallowing
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have unrealistic expectations about the outcome of this procedure
When you visit Dr. Balinger for your first Kybella® in Houston TX consultation, the surgeon will listen to you and examine your chin before letting you know whether this dermal filler is for you. Since Kybella® is a highly individualized treatment, Dr. Christopher recommends that you have this treatment out of your own choice, not because someone else asked you to.