Excess skin and fat can develop around the abdomen for various reasons, including pregnancy, weight fluctuations, and even the effects of aging. Unfortunately, dieting and exercise aren’t always sufficient to achieve the slim, toned midsection you desire. If you’re dealing with loose skin and tissue around the belly, flanks, and lower back, an extended tummy tuck may be just what you need.
Am I a Candidate for an Extended Tummy Tuck?
Adults who would like to be rid of excess skin and fat around the midsection could be good candidates for an extended tummy tuck. Ideal candidates for the procedure should:
- Be in good physical health
- Have the desire to remove excess fat and skin around the midsection
- Be relatively close to your ideal weight
- Not have plans to get pregnant soon
- Have realistic expectations
- Be a non-smoker