Childbirth and raising a family is one of life’s most rewarding experiences. Unfortunately, pregnancy and breastfeeding often lead to changes such as sagging breasts, a loose tummy, stretch marks, and fatty areas that linger on various parts of the body. Even as you embrace the joys of childbearing, your feelings of self-esteem and happiness can be negatively affected if your body no longer has the firm, fit appearance it had before having children.
Are you a candidate for a mommy makeover in Houston?
A mommy makeover is a set of body contouring procedures to restore – or enhance – a woman’s pre-pregnancy figure. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You have finished having children
- You have waited at least six months since having your last child
- You have sagging breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- You have accumulated fat or saggy skin on your abdomen or another body area
- You are close to your ideal weight
- You are in good emotional and physical health
- You have realistic expectations and understand the procedures, recovery, and expected results
When you visit Dr. Balinger for your first mommy makeover consultation in Houston, Texas, he will listen to you and examine your problem areas to determine the best way to enhance your look. Because a mommy makeover entails a combination of surgical procedures, women must wait at least six months after giving birth before considering this treatment. This is important to ensure you have fully recovered from pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. A mommy makeover is a customized cosmetic treatment, and every woman will have a unique surgical plan. Some may need only liposuction, while others may require several surgical procedures to restore the body and breasts.