Breast reduction – also referred to as reduction mammoplasty – is a procedure that alleviates the cosmetic and health concerns caused by very large breasts. Many women with macromastia (excessively large breasts) suffer from physical symptoms such as back pain, neck pain, skeletal deformities, skin irritations, and respiratory problems.
More so, the appearance of large, pendulous breasts can lead to psychological side effects such as excessive self-consciousness, discomfort in social situations, and reduced self-esteem. During this procedure, plastic surgeons reduce breast size so that it is more symmetrical and proportional to the rest of your body.
Houston, TX plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Balinger offers breast reduction procedures to patients in Houston, Conroe, and Texas surrounding communities. The surgeon understands that your best self is connected to your self-confidence. Working with a team of experienced clinicians, Dr. Chris goes out of his way to make sure that each patient is comfortable, safe, and happy with their procedure outcome. The surgeon uses state of the art equipment and advanced surgical methods to achieve the best result while minimizing the risk of side effects such as scarring.
Am I a Candidate for a Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction aims to reduce the size of the breasts by getting rid of excess skin, fat, and breast tissue. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are physically and emotionally healthy
- You have shoulder grooves as a result of bra straps
- You have skin irritation under the breast
- You have other physical symptoms such as back and neck pain due to excess breast weight
- Your breasts are too large that they limit activity
- You feel that your breasts are too large
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome of this procedure