Many men and women suffer from sagging skin and excess fat in the upper arms as a result of weight loss. This can make it harder to wear sleeveless tops and other figure revealing styles. Arm lift surgery – also referred to as Brachioplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that aims to contour your upper arms so that you can rediscover your sense of self-confidence. Plastic surgeons work to reduce bulky, hanging tissue to reveal a youthful and attractive upper arms appearance.
Houston, TX plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Balinger offers Brachioplasty procedures to patients in Houston, Conroe, and surrounding Texas communities. The surgeon understands that your best self is connected to your self-confidence. Working with a team of experienced clinicians, Dr. Chris goes out of his way to make sure that each patient is comfortable, safe, and happy with their procedure outcome. He uses state of the art equipment and advanced surgical methods to achieve the best result while minimizing the risk of side effects such as scarring.
Who is a Candidate for Arm Lift?
Arm lift surgery improves the appearance of the upper arms by getting rid of excess skin, fat, and tissue. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have significant upper arms skin laxity
- You have arms sagging due to weight loss or muscle loss
- You are close to your ideal weight goal and are not overweight
- You desire younger, firmer, and more attractive looking arms
- You wish to get rid of ‘wings’ from under your arm and armpit areas
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations about the outcome of this procedure
Reasons to have an arm lift
Many men and women who undergo an arm lift surgery experience the following distinct benefits:
Better shaped arms
Improved contour and proportion
Restored sense of coincidence
More clothing options
Your Initial Arm Lift Consultation
During your first Houston arm lift surgery consultation, Dr. Balinger will ask questions and review your medical history to learn more about your health. The surgeon will also examine your arms and skin laxity before moving forward to the next step. This initial consultation – which is offered free of charge at Balinger’s office – is an opportunity to learn more about what this treatment entails, and what you can expect from the procedure.
Types of Arm Lift
Plastic surgeons have a number of techniques that they can use to deliver the toned upper arm appearance that you are looking for.
- Traditional arm lift – this is the typical arm lift surgery that is performed by most plastic surgeons. Your doctor will work to get rid of large amounts of skin and fat tissue from the underside of your upper arms. This type of arm lift is usually recommended for patients who have significant amounts of upper arms sagging and need a thorough procedure.
- Extended arm lift – this is a more comprehensive type of arm lift that is designed to alleviate aesthetic concerns on the arms and the entire side of the body. The surgeon will work to get rid of excess skin and fat in order to ensure a proportionate appearance in the upper arms and surrounding areas.
- Hidden arm lift – this is also referred to as a limited incision Brachioplasty. It is a type of arm lift where the surgical incision is placed in the crease of the underarm. This allows
- Liposuction – this is a procedure that removes excess fat from the upper arms in order to achieve a well-contoured appearance. The surgeon will create tiny incisions in marked areas and then use a special device known as a cannula to get rid of excess fat. This technique is usually recommended for patients who have moderate amounts of excess fat, little to no excess skin, and good skin elasticity.
- CoolSculpting – this is a non-surgical procedure that can be used when a modest amount of fat needs to be removed from the upper arms. This technique employs a fat freezing method that removes stubborn fat cells in order to eliminate them. Keep in mind that while CoolSculpting can reduce the amount of excess fat in your upper arms, it does not address loose, hanging skin.
Dr. Christopher Balinger is uniquely positioned to recommend the best arm lift procedure method for you. The surgeon will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of each approach during your consultation visit at his Houston plastic surgery office.
Prepare for Your Brachioplasty
Once Dr. Balinger creates a customized treatment plan for you, the surgeon will let you know how to prepare for the surgery. You will be asked to stop taking some medication and herbal supplements that can increase your risk of bleeding. Smoking is also forbidden in the weeks before the surgery because it can increase the risk of complications and impair healing. The surgeon will let you know what to do on the night before the surgery, and what supplies you need to have in place for a smooth recovery.
Your Surgical Experience
Arm lift surgery is an outpatient procedure that is performed at Dr. Balinger’s in-office operating room or an accredited surgical facility. This surgery is usually performed in three steps.
Recovery after your Arm Lift Surgery
Following your Brachioplasty plastic surgery, you will need to set time aside for recovery. Any surgery is traumatic in nature and your body needs to ease down and heal. The duration of recovery varies from one person to the other based on the extensiveness of the treatment, and the patient’s unique healing ability. Dr. Balinger will ask that you move around as soon as you are able to in order to promote proper blood flow. Many patients experience bruising, swelling, and pain in the first week. You will be given pain medication to help alleviate discomfort, as well as antibiotics to prevent infections. You can expect to resume normal activities after about 2 weeks. However, heavy lifting and strenuous exercise are prohibited until you get the green light from the surgeon. Make sure to follow the surgeon’s post-op instructions in order to ensure a speedy recovery. Dr. Balinger’s office is available to answer your questions or and provide the support you need throughout the recovery duration.
Plan your Procedure in Houston Texas
Brachioplasty plastic surgery prices in Houston can vary dramatically based on the extensiveness of the procedure. Most of Dr. Balinger’s arm lift patients can however expect to pay between $4,750 and $8,500 for this treatment. Health insurers typically do not cover the cost of arm lift Brachioplasty surgery because it is considered to be an elective cosmetic procedure. During your consultation visit with Dr. Balinger, the surgeon will provide a cost estimate based on a personalized treatment plan developed for you. The surgeon offers financing options for his patients in Houston, Conroe, and surrounding TX areas.
Meet the Surgeon
Christopher Balinger, MD, brings keen professionalism to the operating table. With each patient, the surgeon creates a highly customized plan to achieve the desired procedure outcome while working to eliminate or minimize the risk of scarring and other side effects. Dr. Balinger is uniquely skilled to perform arm lift procedures and a host of other cosmetic surgeries. He works with a team of highly qualified support staff who are committed to the safety and well being of their patients. If you are looking for the best plastic surgeon in Houston for arm lift, get in touch with Dr. Balinger’s office today.